The Greeley and Hansen Recruitment Center
Greeley and Hansen is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the federal requirements of the Drug-Free Workplace Act
00926: Electrical Engineer
IL - Chicago
We seek an
to provide electrical, communications, fire alarm engineering, and process control design services in water and wastewater treatment plant facilities, pump stations and lift stations. The Electrical Engineer will assist in preparation of plans, specifications, and cost opinions for design projects as well as performing electrical system computer modeling for short circuit, low flow, protective device coordination and arc-flash studies.
This is a career position; individuals interested in developing and advancing their careers in water and wastewater engineering consulting will have opportunities for increasing responsibility and advancement within the firm.
• Provide electrical, communications, fire alarm, and process control design services in water and wastewater treatment plant facilities, pump stations, and lift stations. Provide office services during construction for related projects.
• Prepare plans, specifications, and cost opinions for design projects
• Perform field data collection in conjunction with design projects.
• Prepare electrical studies such as condition assessments and feasibility studies.
• Perform electrical system computer modeling for short circuit, load flow, protective device coordination, and arc-flash studies.
Education: B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
Experience: 5-10 years of experience in power distribution design. AutoCAD skills are preferred, Civil 3D design capabilities, a plus using AutoCAD MEP or REVIT.
Certifications and Licenses: PE required.
Additional Required Experience in:
o Medium voltage electrical distribution
o Fire alarm
o Large motors and motor control
o Electrical codes and standards
o Process controls
o Short circuit, load flow, coordination, and arc-flash studies using computer modeling
• Ability to lead, manage and mentor a team of electrical and instrumentation and control engineers on interesting and complex projects.
• Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team on interesting and complex projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines.
• Preference to work in a team environment.