The Office Director is responsible for technical operations within the Richmond office with a key focus on business development, project performance, staff development and internal communications. This individual will report directly to the Managing Director, South-Atlantic Operations. Based in Richmond, VA, the Office Director will supervise staff of 10.
· Lead in promoting the overall mission, vision and objectives of the firm.
· Under the direction of the Executive Vice President, Eastern Operations, develop and establish goals for the office that are consistent with the operating goals of the firm.
· Participates in the annual planning which includes the 5-year strategic plan.
· Leads the marketing efforts and planning for assigned pursuits.
· Oversees all projects including Project Performance plans and ensuring that project goals are being met.
· Responsible for preparing project close-out reports and other reports related to projects.
· Establishing QA/QC procedures related to projects.
· Monitors and evaluates compliance with company policies and standards within the office location.
· Supervise, mentor and evaluate staff in the office location.
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering (with emphasis in water and wastewater) is required. A MBA degree is a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility, planning, designing and leading municipal water, wastewater, solid waste and urban infrastructure programs. Experience in working with professional service firms required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: PE registration is required.
· A thought leader that can drive a team in the development and execution of strategies and capture plans. Prior strategic planning experience is required.
· Successful individual who possesses strong interpersonal skills and a sense of urgency.
· A “hands-on” professional who leads by example and motivates staff to strive for success and excellence.
· Proven management and leadership experience.
· Ability to multi-task while supporting staff needs and development.
· Prior business development experience within an engineering firm.
· An individual of unquestioned integrity, possessing strong interpersonal skills and a sense of urgency.
· Strong management and supervisory skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· A team player, willing to subjugate his/her own ego for the good of the common goal.